Recipe by mollypaul
A delicious, sweet treat from the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Preparation time is approximate.
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sugar and milk to 234°F on a candy thermometer or until a little forms a soft ball when dropped in cold water.
- Cool to lukewarm, add butter and beat until the candy begins to cream.
- Add nuts and pour into a buttered pan.
- When cool, cut into squares.