- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black walnut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter with sugar.
- Add the egg and beat thoroughly.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the creamed butter mixture.
- Add the walnuts and flavoring.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into a shallow, well-oiled baking pan.
- Bake in moderate oven (375°F) for 30 minutes.