- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted (10 2/3 Tbsp)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup black walnut, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix batter, using ingredients in order given.
- Roll into logs about 1 1/2-inch thick.
- Refrigerate overnight. Cut in 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- These are a crisp cookie and they keep well.