Recipe by Thndrus
My wife in the baker in the family. She makes these every year for Christmas. Fair warning this makes about between 8 to 10 dozen depending on how thin you slice the bars. I made an educated guess on the fridge time since she makes these and puts them in the fridge then moves onto the next type of cookie dough.
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 828.06 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml english walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter and both sugars together.
- add eggs.
- add dry ingredients.
- mix well.
- add walnuts.
- form into 1/2 inch x 3 inch x 12 inch bars and wrap in wax paper.
- place wrapped bars on cookie sheet in refridgerator for at least 4 hours to harden for slicing.
- Slice bars into 1/4 inch cookie slabs and place on cookie sheet.
- bake at 450 deg. F for 5-6 minute bottoms should be golden brown and crispy.