1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I grew up eating these soft, chewy bites of Heaven. We would collect black walnuts in the country, bring them home and drive the car back and forth over them in the driveway to remove the tough skin, then let the nuts dry out for a couple of months before cracking them with a hammer and painstakingly picking the meat out with a nutpick. It was a difficult and time consuming task, so we chose the recipes we used them for wisely. Now I just go to the store and buy them by the bag...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients and whisk together well.
- 2Add nuts and toss to coat. Set aside.
- 3Cream butter or margerine, add sugar and beat until very fluffy.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 5Add vanilla.
- 6Alternate milk and flour mixture in thirds, beating just until combined.
- 7Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 8Drop by tablespoon onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment, leaving at least 2" between.
- 9Bake at 375' for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Walnut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.7
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 256.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g