Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my favourites when I went to Grandmama's home for the holidays. She always had a tiny glass of wine waiting for me along with these brownies. Grandmama has passed now and I don't get back to France as often as I wish now, so in tribute to her " Pour que tu saches. C'est un petit message qui leur permettra de savoir que jamas tu ne les oublieras !"
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces baking chocolate, softened in microwave
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup black walnut, lightly toasted and chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the sugar, butter and chocolate.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, add vanilla.
- Hand stir in flour mixture then the nuts.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into slices then halves.