Recipe by Kimberly Justice
This is my favorite recipe for Banana Nut Bread. When it cools it has a pretty marbled center. I dust it with powdered sugar after it cools.
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooking oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black walnut flavoring or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas, about 4
- 1 cup black walnuts or 1 cup regular walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans or 1 bunt pan.
- Combine all ingredients, except nuts, in a large bowl.
- With mixer blend until smooth.
- Stir in the nuts, dredged with a little flour.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for about 1 hour.