Recipe by Steve P.
Absolutely marvelous tasting muffins. I usually make these in the Fall when nuts are fresh and in good supply.
Top Review by Torachef 1997
Since my DH loves black walnuts and I had some bananas that needed used, I tried this recipe. With some emendations, it worked for me quite successfully. Changes I made: (1) I think the temp of 300 degrees may be wrong. Need to bake 30 minutes instead of 20. (2) A bit too much fat here, so I substituted 1/4 c. applesauce for half of the butter/margarine. (3) Used Splenda and Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for the sugars (a dietetic requirement for us). The muffins are tasty - lovely texture - and the flavors of banana and black walnut do work well together. Thanks for this recipe.
- 3 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup black walnut, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300ºF;.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, and eggs; mix well.
- Add margarine.
- Stir in flour and baking soda.
- Add buttermilk and Black Walnuts.
- Mix until just moistened.
- Spoon into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.