Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is delicious served warm or cold, I have also made this cake omitting the bananas, it is still good but I prefer it with them added ;-) for greasing pan see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (or use 2-3 teaspoons almond extract)
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 5 large eggs (room temperature)
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped black walnut
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed cream the butter and shortening with sugar and vanilla until fluffy (about 4-5 minutes, no sugar granules should remain).
- Beat in eggs one at a time until combined, then mix in mashed bananas.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with half and half cream.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour into prepared tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the crown comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.