Recipe by Wesley Taylor
This is one of the best tasteing cake that I have ever cooked. I take it to family reunions and to nurses and employees of the nursing home that mother is in. Every one like the cake so much that I have given out about thirty or more recipes. This cake in one of my mother favorite cakes that she liked to bake
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped. (I use Granny Smith Apples)
- 1 cup black walnut, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt cake pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend eggs, oil, nutmeg, and sugar until creamy.
- Add flour, a little at a time; and blend well.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour into tube or bundt cake pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan after about 30 minutes.
- Punch holes in top of the cake.
- Mix together topping ingredients in a saucepan.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Take off the heat and pour topping over cake with a spoon, letting it to seep into the cake holes.
- Brush the sides of the cake with a kitchen brush.
- Let it set for at least 24 hours befor cutting and serving.