1 hr 15 mins
Wesley Taylor's Note:
This is one of the best tasteing cake that I have ever cooked. I take it to family reunions and to nurses and employees of the nursing home that mother is in. Every one like the cake so much that I have given out about thirty or more recipes. This cake in one of my mother favorite cakes that she liked to bake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped. (I use Granny Smith Apples)
- 1 cup black walnut, chopped
- 1Grease and flour a tube or bundt cake pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Blend eggs, oil, nutmeg, and sugar until creamy.
- 3Add flour, a little at a time; and blend well.
- 4Batter will be stiff.
- 5Fold in apples and nuts.
- 6Pour into tube or bundt cake pan and bake for 1 hour.
- 7Remove from pan after about 30 minutes.
- 8Punch holes in top of the cake.
- 9Mix together topping ingredients in a saucepan.
- 10Boil for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- 11Take off the heat and pour topping over cake with a spoon, letting it to seep into the cake holes.
- 12Brush the sides of the cake with a kitchen brush.
- 13Let it set for at least 24 hours befor cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Walnut Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 716.8
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 480.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 55.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g