Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an easy verison of Olive Garden's Black Tie Mousse Cake. Yummy
Make and share this Black Tie Mousse Cake 1 recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, soda, powder, and 1/2 t together in large bowl.
- Add eggs, coffee, 1 c milk,vegetable oil, and 2 t vanilla, blending until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile cream butter until soft and stir in powdered sugar, remaining salt, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and creamy adding more milk if necessary.
- Spread over warm cake.
i had my doubts preparing this cake- when the batter was done it resembled chocolate ,ilk. i was so tempted to add a cup or 4 of flour, but i held myself back-- this cooked right on time, 35 minutes, (btw that never happens to me) and i let it cool a bit, glazed it, a delicious moist cake. we are enjoying it now while we figure out what to make for dinner, lol. this is a keeper, thanks
OMG was this good, so incredibly moist and tasty. I think it all disappeared within an hour. This is definitely going to become a permanent fixture in our house.
This is really good cake. I will make this often and jazz it up with a different frosting as well. The original frosting is great, your typical buttercreme. Needs a Mocha Frosting or something along those lines. Thanks for the awesome recipe!