Black Thai Burgers With Gingered Shiitakes
- Make the burgers: in a big bowl, gently mix all the burger ingredients together; shape the meat into 4 patties of equal size and thickness (about ¾ inch thick).
- Make the mushrooms: in a medium saute pan over med-high heat; melt the butter with the peanut oil; add in the ginger.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook/stir 4-6 minutes, until tender; season with salt and pepper; set aside and keep warm.
- Brush both sides of the patties with oil and grill over direct medium heat until internal temperature is 160° for medium, 8-10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- During the last 30 seconds , grill the buns over direct medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Serve burgers hot on toasted buns, topped with mushrooms.