Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
We love Black Tea Lemonade from Starbucks, and I wanted to figure out how to make it at home, so I started searching a myriad of websites to get some ideas on how to start. This is our version which we find very refreshing on a hot day, or in the evening instead of coffee/tea. This needs time to cool, so make it ahead.
- 7 tea bags (I use Earl Grey as we like the Bergamont flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 5 cups water
- 4 -5 cups ice cubes
- 6 lemons, cut in 1/2 and drained of juices to make 1 cup
- 3 sprigs mint or 2 -3 tablespoons crushed dried mint
- Boil 5 cups of water in tea kettle, then transfer boiling water to saucepan.
- Add sugar, mix till disolved.
- Add teabags, and mint (if desired), and bring back to boil.
- Take off burner, and let tea bags and mint steep for 7-10 minutes, depending upon how strong you like your tea.
- Discard tea bags and mint.
- Add Lemon Juice and stir well.
- Add ice cubes, and they will begin melting right away.
- Stir, then pour contents into juice jug - ice cubes don't have to finish melting, they will do so in the jug.
- Chill well; if you are in a hurry, serve over several ice cubes in a glass.
- The flavor is quite different when adding the mint, so try it both ways to see which way you prefer it.
- Note: This can also be made with limes, all other ingredients and measurements remain the same.
This is a nice refreshing iced tea! I made mine with the optional mint and thought it added a great flavor with the lemon. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for My-3-Chefs 2012