Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was inspired by a dish we saw listed on the menu at Tabla, an "haute Indian" restaurant in Manhattan. The aroma is very intriguing and the flavor is lovely. Use on chicken, fish, whatever suits your fancy.
- 2 teaspoons black salt
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cardamom seeds
- 2 teaspoons nigella seeds
- Combine all spices except for black salt in a small saucepan and toast until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Grind whole spices in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Mix in black salt and store.
Pretty combination of spices! That's about all I can say so far because I have neither ground up nor used the spices, but when I do, I'll come back and rate it. I'm looking forward to it. :) Thank you for posting!