Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Black spaghetti, flavored with squid ink, is not exactly my cup of tea but I know some of you brave souls will try this and let me know the outcome. Come on you gourmands! give it a try.
- 1 (12 ounce) packageblack squid ink pasta
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/8 inch julienne
- 2 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup basic tomato sauce
- 1 mint leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Press sheets of black pasta through the chitarra and set aside. Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoon salt. In a 12 to 14 inch sauté pan, heat olive oil until smoking. Add onion and cook until softened about 3 minutes.
- Add mussels, pepper and white wine. Cover and cook until mussels have just opened, about 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce and bring to boil. Meanwhile, drop pasta in boiling water and cook until tender, about 1 minute. Drain well and toss into pan with mussel mixture. Add mint leaves, toss pasta to coat and serve.