Recipe by CampChatsworthCook
Uniquely seasoned crackers. Great with cocktails in the classic '60' sense. Serve as a canape base for cheese or pate mixtures or serve with salad.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup black sesame seed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together into bowl .
- Stir in cheese and mix well.
- Stir in sesame seeds.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to cheese mixture.
- Stir to form a ball.
- Roll out on lightly floured board to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into strips 1 x3 inches or cut into rounds or diamonds.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10- 15 minutes. Let cool.