Recipe by carolinafan
You can make the sauce up to 24 hours ahead. Refrigerate and heat just before serving. You can substitute garlic herb cream cheese spread if you don't care for chevre cheese. Black sesame seed can be used for a more dramatic look.
Top Review by Lil Leasa
I also loved this! The only thing I didn't have was the chevre or cream cheese I am sure it would have been better with these but I used feta and it was still pretty good! I loved the sauce so much that I have made it for some other things! Delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup black sesame seeds or 1⁄3 cup regular sesame seeds
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 1 (6 ounce) package chevre cheese with herbs (goat)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425. Spray rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, with cooking spray. Place melted butter in large shallow bowl.
- Make 2-inch horizontal slit in each chicken breast. Stuff 1 tablespoons cheese in each pocket. Dip each chicken breast into butter; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil until brown on both sides. Place chicken in pan. Drizzle with any remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Meanwhile, prepare Roasted Red Pepper Sauce; keep warm. Serve chicken in pool of sauce, or drizzle sauce over chicken.
- To prepare sauce: Place all ingredients except sour cream in mini food processor or blender. Cover and process until smooth. Heat mixture in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot; remove from heat. Strain if desired; stir in sour cream.