Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my favorite dishes at a local restaurant called Cracker's. This is THE best asparagus I have ever tasted!
- Trim bottom 1/4 of asparagus off, or the whitish colored part,and discard.
- Wash before cooking.
- Sauté the asparagus in butter, with salt, pepper and black sesame, over medium heat.
- Continue until the asparagus"gives" a little.
- This all depends on the thickness of the asparagus.
- Some water can be added if the asparagus starts to brown.
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over asparagus, and serve.
This dish sure dressed up my meatloaf dinner, excellent. I couldn't find black sesame seeds so I used roasted white ones and instead of Kosher salt I used sea salt. It's a keeper, Thanks
wonderful and different asparagus dish. (it was great to have it a new way besides steamed with mayo on the side.) i did have kosher salt and black sesame seeds. we really liked it and i'll be doing this over and over again. thanks!
I've had black sesame seeds on hand and finally have a great use for them! This dish turned out beautifully--so easy and so yummy!