Recipe by seahorse73
Saw Black Russian Truffle recipe by Lorac, tried those and then did these! Easy and great recipe!!!
Top Review by thehungrykiwi
Thanks, made these as part of a truffle platter for Christmas pressies. Personally found that the sambuca/alcohol taste was too strong so added more chocolate. Also dipped in dark chocolate. Sambuca lovers enjoyed them.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons black sambuca
- 1 cup toasted pignolis, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate in food processor; process until the chocolate is chopped.
- Combine the cream and butter in a 1 cup glass measuring cup and microwave at high 1 1/2 minutes or until the butter is melted and the cream begins to boil.
- With food processor running, pour hot cream mixture through food tube, process until chocolate melts.
- Add the Black Sambuca.
- Pour chocolate mixture into medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Shape chcolate mixture into 1" balls and roll into toasted nuts.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Let stand at room temperature 2 to 3 hours before serving.