Recipe by Lorac
I have never made truffles before but this recipe I can't resist ! Bittersweet chocolate with coffee liqueur and vodka, rolled in chopped walnuts. This will be perfect for holiday entertaining and gifts. Thank you Recipe Institute! Prep time does not include refrigerating overnight.
- 8 ounces premium bittersweet chocolate, broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate in food processor; process until chocolate is chopped.
- Combine cream and butter in 1-cup glass measuring cup and microwave at high 1-1/2 minutes or until butter is melted and cream begins to boil.
- With food processor running, pour hot cream mixture through food tube, process until chocolate melts.
- Add liqueur and vodka, process until blended.
- Pour chocolate mixture into medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in walnuts.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Let stand at room temperature 2 to 3 hours before serving.