Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I have never made truffles before but this recipe I can't resist ! Bittersweet chocolate with coffee liqueur and vodka, rolled in chopped walnuts. This will be perfect for holiday entertaining and gifts. Thank you Recipe Institute! Prep time does not include refrigerating overnight.
- 8 ounces premium bittersweet chocolate, broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Place chocolate in food processor; process until chocolate is chopped.
- Combine cream and butter in 1-cup glass measuring cup and microwave at high 1-1/2 minutes or until butter is melted and cream begins to boil.
- With food processor running, pour hot cream mixture through food tube, process until chocolate melts.
- Add liqueur and vodka, process until blended.
- Pour chocolate mixture into medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in walnuts.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Let stand at room temperature 2 to 3 hours before serving.
These are great! I just submitted another one using Black Sambuca! Thanks for the recipe!!!
FANTASTIC!!! The most amazing flavor and so easy to make. My dinner guests were so impressed. Instead of walnuts I used chopped almonds.
These were very nice! Rather than use the food processor, I melted the chocolate, cream, and butter in a double boiler, then added the other ingredients...it turned out fine. Also, the mixture was ready for rolling after about 2 hours. We rolled these in a 3/2 ratio cocoa/powdered sugar mixture. Thanks for the recipe!