Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cake mix is used to make this moist chocolate cake. The addition of spice makes this one a bit different.
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 295.73 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 110.56 g package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 12.32 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 14.79 ml instant coffee powder
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 453.59 g container chocolate fudge frosting
- 14.79 ml coffee-flavored liqueur
- 4.92 ml vodka
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Beat together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, instant pudding mix, cinnamon, cloves, instant coffee and eggs until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
- For the frosting: Mix together the frosting, coffee liqueur and vodka until blended.
- Spread over cooled cake.
I needed something quick to make for a bake sale and I had all the ingredients for this in my pantry. It came out very moist. I only used 1/2 a can of frosting and mixed around 2 Tablespoons of Caramel Cream Liqueur into it and drizzled it on the top. Great tasting cake and it went fast. Made for Photo Tag.
Delicious, easy to make cake starting with a cake mix. I used a little less cinnamon and omitted the cloves, just a personal preference, and Chocolate Fudge Frosting - Dairy Free for the fudge frosting. I think this cake would be good with a chocolate cake mix too. If you do not cook with alcohol, perhaps use 1 Tablespoon or so of instant coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon or so of hot water for a mocha flavored frosting. Will definitely make this cake again.