Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Friends and family always request this cake at potlucks and dinners. It's a very easy cake to make and kids love it as well as adults! Recipe from InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, pudding mix, eggs, coffee, creme de cacao, and Kahlua in a large bowl.
- Beat for 4 minutes until quite smooth.
- Pour into a greased 12-cup tube or bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and invert onto a serving plate.
- Punch holes throughout the cake with a skewer.
- Prepare the topping by combining the confectioner's sugar, coffee, Kahlua, and creme de cacao.
- Mix well and spoon over the warm cake.
Very light, fluffy and moist. Tasty but not fulfilling. I will go back to scratch recipes as, for me, they have more depth. I had no Creme de Cacao so I substituted coffee brandy. In the topping, I added a couple tablespoons of powdered cocoa to balance the Kahlua and Coffee Brandy.
This cake was fantastic! I made this for Christmas dinner and it was gone instantly! Very moist and delicious!!
Dark and decadent, moist and fluffy, so soft it cuts like butter ~ This cake is chocolate heaven! I used a Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Dark Chocolate Cake Mix (less the enclosed chocolate syrup packet) because that's what I had on hand, and will surely be making this delicious cake again!