Recipe by Charlotte J
I'd poke larger (then fork size) holes in this cake since it is a bundt, so more glaze soaks into the cake.
Top Review by cherylmadill
I've made this cake for years and love it. I found that you can't find a 6 oz. instant chocolate pudding mix anymore, so I'm using the 5 oz. box. It seems to work just fine. I also top the slices with whipped cream and raspberries. Yum!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) packagedry yellow cake mix (without added pudding)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) packagedry instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (for glaze)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua (for glaze)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, sugar, pudding mix, oil, eggs, vodka, Kahlua and water.
- Mix at low speed for 1 minute.
- Beat 4 minutes more at medium speed.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes then take out of pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar with 1/4 cup Kahlua.
- Put cake on wire rack or cake plate.
- Poke holes in cake with fork and slowly pour glaze over cake.