Recipe by Anastasia G.
Delicious, light, yummy. I use King Soba's Organic Black Rice Soba Noodles, and Auntie Chun's Roasted Seaweed Snacks in Wasabi for the dried nori seaweed topping... it's a little spicy, but is great paired with the sweetness of the rice vinegar/peanut dressing as well as the vegetables and cilantro.
- 8 7⁄8 ounces soba noodles
- 8 ounces frozen edamame
- 1⁄3 ounce Japanese roasted nori
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup cilantro
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the noodles by submerging in boiling water according to package instructions. When finished, remove from heat, rinse in cool water, set aside.
- Prepare the frozen edamame by submerging in boiling water according to package instructions, or simply let defrost and run under warm water. When warm or room temperature, set aside.
- Make the salad dressing by adding the peanut butter to the rice vinegar and stirring until fully mixed. Add sugar, peanut oil and mirin and adjust ratios to taste.
- Prep the onions, peppers and cilantro by chopping.
- Assemble the salad! MIx the noodles with the edamame, red pepper, onions, and cilantro. Add and mix in the dressing. Top the salad with the dry wasabi seaweed by crushing it with your hands, and then add a handful of peanuts.