This rich and fluffy cake has the fruity freshness of raspberry and the subtle, nutty goodness of chopped walnuts!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 2⁄3 cups Fisher Chef's Naturals Walnuts, finely ground
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup black raspberry jam
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Fisher Chef's Naturals Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly spray two 9-inch cake pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- Add walnuts to a food processor or coffee grinder. Pulse until finely ground. Set aside in dish.
- For cake, in medium bowl combine flour and ground walnuts; set aside. In large mixing bowl cream butter, brown sugar, eggs and almond extract using electric mixer. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix well.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean when removed. Remove to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. Gently turn layers out onto rack; cool completely.
- Place one cake layer upside down on serving platter. Spread black raspberry jam over top. Place the other layer on top.
- Using mixer, combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until stiff peaks form. Frost torte with whipped cream; sprinkle chopped walnuts over top and sides.