Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These wonderful chewy gooey fruit filled bars are super quick and easy to prepare, using a cake mix! Great with a cuppa. Based on a recipe from Allrecipes.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) jarseedless black raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 and grease a 9X13 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, 2 cups of the oats, butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Add the remaining oats a little at a time until the mixture just starts to form big clumps. (Discard the rest.).
- In a separate bowl, mix the preserves, water, and lemon juice. Press 1/2 the crust dough in the pan. Slather on the preserve mixture, keeping away from the very edges so the fruit doesn't burn. Sprinkle remaining crust mixture on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the top crust is lightly browned.