Recipe by Charmie777
This recipe came from my old boss' wife many years ago. She was a great cook, and this recipe is a testament to her skills. This is very elegant looking! This is perfect for a Valentine's Day dinner.
Top Review by fire02medic
This was very good and plan to make it again. I used toasted sunflower seeds rather than almonds (preference) and I would decrease the orange rind just a bit as it was too overpowering in my opinion. This is a BEAUTIFUL dish and is very very impressive when plated. I plan to make this for a dinner party next month. Other thoughts... I think that the chicken could be seasoned slightly more. also, I think a small amount of crushed pineapple in the rice would be a wonderful addition. :o)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 7 ounces long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup seedless black raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, paprika and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Prepare rice according to package directions, substituting broth for water.
- Toss rice with almonds. Set aside.
- Heat jam, oj concentrate, honey and orange peel in saucepan until blended.
- Place some rice on one breast,.
- Roll and secure with toothpicks.
- Dust with flour.
- Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Melt butter in 9x13 pan and roll breasts in butter.
- Bake 40 minutes at 325º.
- Baste with glaze and continue baking and basting until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with additional rice, if desired.