Recipe by Joellen1972
This recipe has been in our family for a long time. We use it for any type of fruit cobbler. Instead of the berries, you could use 1 or 2 cans of canned cherry pie filling. I just used freshly picked berries for this recipe today.
Top Review by fraukathy
I think this is more like a black raspberry upside down cake. When I think of a cobbler, I think of something a bit heavier than this. My husband was disappointed because he was looking for the dough to be more like a pie crust. I thought it was good if I thought of it as an upside-down cake.
- 3 -4 cups fresh black raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash sugar, on top
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Then mix in the berries. Place the berries in a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In another bowl cream butter and sugar. Add in flour, salt, baking powder, and milk.
- Spoon the batter over top of the berries, using a spatula to smooth it out.
- Sprinkle a little bit of sugar on top. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.