Black Raspberry Bubble Ring
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, egg, salt and 3 1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elcastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to greased top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 32 pieces. Flatten each into a 3 inch disk. Place about 1 t. of preserves on the center of each piece; bring edges together and seal.
- Place 16 dough balls in a greased 10 inch fluted tube pan. Brush with half of the remaining butter; sprinkle with 1 T. sugar. Top with remaining balls, butter and sugar. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine syrup ingredients; pour over warm bread. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.