Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I am a big fan of Steak au Poivre but we rarely cook our steaks in a skillet so I never have the drippings to make the sauce. This is a recipe I found on the internet. I admit it is not as good as the real thing from scratch, but it is quite tasty.
- 3 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups knorr brown gravy mix (prepared)
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind peppercorns until they are coarsely ground and set aside.
- Prepare the gravy mix according to directions and reserve.
- In small saucepan melt the butter over a low fire and add the shallots and garlic.
- Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground peppercorns and saute on low for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients including reserved brown gravy and simmer on low for appproximately 30 minutes.