Recipe by MARIA MAC *
These are a slightly spicy savory biscotti. These are attractive and delicious when served with a clear broth or an Italian wedding soup. Also nice to serve with breakfast next too poached eggs.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon peppercorn, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh grated romano cheese (Asiago or Parmesan can be substitute)
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, and cheese till well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add half the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Add milk. Stir well.
- Add the rest of dry ingredients and mix till well combined. Add freshly cracked pepper and stir in.( If you do not have a pepper mill, place whole peppercorns into a plastic bag and crush with a mallet or hammer. The trouble will be well worth it.).
- Shape into logs, bake 20 minutes.
- Slice after slightly cooled and bake 5-10 minutes more.