1/2 Photos of Black Pepper Sticks
1 hr 15 mins
I came across these and thought these would be a great appetizer dipped in olive oil or served with dinner. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 1985)
My Private Note
bread s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, salt and pepper in food processor using the steel knife and on/off turns. With machine running pour in 3/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon oil through the feed tube and process until dough clings to slide of workbowl. If the dough is too sticky add extra flour one tablespoon at a time, if too dry add more water one tablespoon at a time until it is right consistency.
- 2Continue processing dough for 40 seconds until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 3Knead on floured board for 1 minute.
- 4Transfer dough to oiled bowl, turning to cover all surfaces. Cover and let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- 6Coast baking sheet with olive oil.
- 7Roll small pieces (about the size of a walnut) into 10-inch sticks. Arrange on baking sheet, spacing one inch apart.
- 8Bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Pepper Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.2
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g