Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick easy meal! Perfect with grilled vegetables.
- 1 (2 1/2-3 1/2 lb) sirloin steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Lightly score edges of steak at 1-inch intervals.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Combine margarine, parsley, onion,& Worcestershire sauce, pepper and mustard in a small sauce pan.
- Heat stirring continually, over low heat until margarine melts.
- Reserve 1/4 mixture.
- Place steak on grill or broiler.
- Brush wih butter mixture.
- Cook, basting frequently with butter mixture, about 6 minutes per side for medium.
- Place steak on a serving Platter.
- Cut thin slices across the grain.
- Drizzle reserved butter mixture over steak.
This is another recipe I have made for years. It is a great one to try!
We really enjoyed the flavor and texture of this lovely steak recipe. The flavor of the basted steak is terrific. We will be enjoying this often. I will definitely double the sauce next time, it's that good. I did add more pepper and a little more coarse salt. Broiled the steak this time, can't wait to try this on the grill. Thank you so much for sharing this tasty recipe. Made for Whats on the Menu Tag Game 2014.
This was great! The only problem I had was that it made too little. I will double the recipe next time. Thanks!