1/1 Photo of Black Pepper Shrimp (Paula Deen)
This recipe from Paula Deen of Food Network couldn't be easier. It seems like a LOT of black pepper, but trust me--it works. You get it all over your fingers as you shell the shrimp and eat them, so have some wet wash cloths rolled up and ready. This cooks up in just a few minutes, so have the rest of your dinner ready before you start (I suggest a hearty salad and bread).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Rinse and drain shrimp and place in shallow baking pan.
- 3Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- 4Add the garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Pour the garlic butter mixture over shrimp and toss to coat.
- 6Sprinkle about half the pepper over shrimp until they are well covered.
- 7Remember--don't be afraid!
- 8Bake until pink (about 5 minutes).
- 9Turn shrimp over sprinkle with remaining pepper and bake a few minutes longer.
- 10Don't overcook!
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Pepper Shrimp (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 386.3 mg
- Sodium 448.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 47.0 g