Recipe by Sharlene~W
This recipe from Paula Deen of Food Network couldn't be easier. It seems like a LOT of black pepper, but trust me--it works. You get it all over your fingers as you shell the shrimp and eat them, so have some wet wash cloths rolled up and ready. This cooks up in just a few minutes, so have the rest of your dinner ready before you start (I suggest a hearty salad and bread).
- 3 lbs fresh shrimp, unpeeled (heads cut off)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse and drain shrimp and place in shallow baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the garlic butter mixture over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle about half the pepper over shrimp until they are well covered.
- Remember--don't be afraid!
- Bake until pink (about 5 minutes).
- Turn shrimp over sprinkle with remaining pepper and bake a few minutes longer.
- Don't overcook!