Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light. May 2007. Vietnamese.
Make and share this Black Pepper Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 -3 teaspoon chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1⁄2 ounces bok choy (approx)
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine broth and next 7 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, and stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add bok choy, mushrooms, onions, and shrimp. Stir-fry 3 minutes or until bok choy begins to wilt.
- Add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and shrimp are done. Serve over rice.
Delicious, and easy. Made per the recipe, but used ordinary button mushrooms and added red bell peppers. Will make again!.
This was by far one of the best recipes I have ever made. I had no idea what to expect & when I was finished I felt like a gourmet chef. Especially with asian food seeming like such a difficult feat, I was very surprised. The only thing I changed was using ginger powder. Otherwise follow it exactly & you are in for a treat