Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Original recipe created by Bobby Flay, this is a lower fat version created by Art Smith Oprah’s chef
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped chives
- 24 (6 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1⁄4 lbs low fat mozzarella, shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced, rinsed, and drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- 16 slices low-fat turkey pastrami
- Thin the sour cream out with 3 to 4 tablespoons of skim milk, add salt and pepper to taste. Combine the sour cream and milk mixture, rosemary, chives and salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth. Strain through a fine strainer; store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Place 16 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet—use an olive oil flavored cooking spray. Spread the mozzarella, onion, and black pepper evenly on each, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stack the two layers and top with the remaining tortillas (you will have 3 layers). Brush the tops lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the tortillas are lightly golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Cut into quarters, top each with 2 slices of thinly sliced turkey salami, and drizzle with sour cream mixture.