Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs meaty chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken pieces,bone side up on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4-5 inches from heat about 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile for glaze,in a small bowl stir together lime peel,lime juice,oil,garlic,thyme, pepper and salt.
- Brush chciken with glaze.
- Turn chicken brush with more glaze.
- Broil 5-15 minutes more until chicken is no longer pink.
I have used this recipe many times since I found it in Better Homes and Garden New Cookbook... It's so delicious and a great alternative when you don't want to grill but want that same kind of "outdoor" cooking taste... if that makes sense! I do skin the chicken drumsticks before broiling (as per the orginal recipe) since the skin has a tendency to really get charred if you don't. I love the tanginess of the lime juice... really delicious and moist chicken!