3 hrs 30 mins
These buttery, spicy crackers are easy to make as well as exceptionally crunchy. This wonderful recipe came from Williams&Sonoma. For a variety of crackers to serve, try this recipe along with the Cheddar-Cayenne Icebox Crackers and the Rosemary-Parmesan Icebox Crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, salt, cracked pepper and lemon zest and pulse twice to mix.
- 2Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 pulses.
- 3Add the cheese and pulse twice to combine. With the motor running, pour in the cream and continue processing until the dough forms a single mass.
- 4Transfer the dough to a work surface and roll into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- 5Preheat oven to 325°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 6Cut the dough into 1/8 inch thick slices and place on the prepared baking sheet. If desired, using miniature decorative cutters, cut out the center of each slice, then place the cutouts on the baking sheet.
- 7Bake until the crackers are light golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 8Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack. When the crackers are cool to the touch, transfer them to the rack.
- 9Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 10Tip: Prepare the dough, shape into logs and refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking. If desired, bake the crackers up to 2 days in advance.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Pepper Lemon Icebox Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 98.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of