Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 45 mins
This is the most delicious, tender prime rib I have ever eaten. The garlic butter paste helps to hold in the juices. The au jus keeps it wonderfully moist on your plate and is so easy to prepare.
- Place roast fat side up in roasting pan and brush exposed ends with vegetable oil.
- With food processor on, drop garlic cloves in until minced, then add steak seasoning and butter and process until combined well.
- Spread this mixture all over top of roast.
- Preheat oven to 350° and bake to medium rare or medium (will take about 2 hours and 45 minutes for medium rare).
- Remove roast from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 30 minutes.
- To prepare au jus, melt butter in saucepan and saute shallots until soft.
- Add flour and whisk, then add consomme and simmer over low heat until ready to serve.
- Slice prime rib and serve the au jus in a separate bowl.
- Note: the au jus will not thicken, the flour just gives it a little body.