Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from a Singaporean cooking magazine where this is a favourite dish.
- 1 medium crab, cut into pieces
- oil (for deep frying)
- 100 g butter
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 50 g cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Chinese wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Deep-fry crab until the shell turns red and the flesh is nearly cooked.
- Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter and add the ginger and garlic.
- Cook until fragrant.
- Add black pepper, salt and wine, stir for one minute then add the soy sauce and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add crab pieces to sauce and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- For a less spicy version cut down on the pepper.
- You can also replace the crab with king prawns.
My first time to prepare crab. It was great!