Recipe by William Koh
Black pepper crab :D - my secret recipe, a great dish for friends who come over :) all my students like it too :)
- 3 live crabs
- 3 tablespoons black pepper sauce (can buy from any supermarket,Sing long brand)
- 3 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 30 g gingerroot
- 2 chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- first, kill the crabs and remove all the soft tissue, throw the head away and break all the shells of the pincers.
- chop the garlic and ginger and chilli padi together till finely minced and then add oil to the frying pan, and fry the whole mixture till lightly browned.
- If you like to eat more garlic can add more minced garlic for flavour.
- Next, add crab and fry and toss crabs till it's slightly cooked ( u can see it turning slightly red.).
- Now, add 1 cup of water and turn the fire to high heat, when the water starts to boil, cover the frying pan for 2-5 minutes.
- Check when the crabs are fully red, meaning they're cooked, add half a cup of water more.
- Now add 3 table spoon of black pepper sauce, 3 table spoon of coarse black pepper
- cover the frying pan again to let it boil again.
- beat 2 eggs well.
- When the crabs start to boil again, add the eggs into the pan and keep stirring till the eggs are cooked and absorb all the water to become a thick mixture, eggs should form a saucy texture.
- When the egg mixture starts to boil and bubble again. Remove from frying pan and serve.