Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is SO quick, yet elegant enough for company. While fresh fruit is better, I have used frozen with good results as well. Sometimes I add a dash of vanilla to the honey mixture as well. Yummm! This is from Food Network, Rachel Ray. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups chopped sliced apricots, plums, peaches and pineapple
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 6 cookies, rolled or wafer, for garnish
- Heat the honey, pepper, and cinnamon stick in a small pot over low heat. When ready to serve, add the fruit to the honey mixture and toss.
- Put a scoop of ice cream into each serving dish and top with the honey mixture.
- Garnish with cookies and serve.
I posted a gorgeous picture. My lips may lie their butt off, but my eyes tell the truth.
You couldn't ask for anything easier and it is absolutely delicious! I made this with apricots and served it with a cinnamon almond wafer. Thanks for sharing this unique idea! Made for ZWT6.
YUMMY! So good, and it's not bad for you! YAY! I really loved the infused honey; it had great flavor. I may try a touch of vanilla next time, and there will be a next time! Deceptively simple for the flavor found, no one would believe how easy it is! Thanks for sharing, Scoutie! Made for ZWT.