- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, pounded coarsely
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 big onions, cut into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken with salt and black peppercorns for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in pot and when hot, stir-fry garlic for 5 seconds until fragrant. Add chicken and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add black soya sauce and mix well.
- Pour in water. This should be enough to cover the chicken. Turn fire to medium and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add onion rings, stir and continue to simmer over a low fire for another 5 minutes. Serve with white rice.