1/2 Photos of Black Pepper Cake
True Texas's Note:
This is from an old PTA cookbook from my town. The man who submitted the recipe had a local restrauant for years. Don't be scared off the pepper, this cake just has a strong spice taste, something like licorice. I bake in a bundt pan, but this be made in loaf pans I guess. This cake was somewhat dry when I first made it but the flavor and the moistness improve over time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream margarine until it resembles whipped cream.
- 2Add brown sugar and stir. Add white sugar and vailla. Beat well.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beat after each.
- 4Sift together dry ingredients. Add to mixture, alternating with buttermilk (put soda in buttermilk).
- 5Beat well and pour into greased and floured pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Bundt pans take about 40 minutes.
- 6If loaf pan us used,and can be, bake for 45 to 60 minutes at 325 degrees.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Pepper Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3982.8
- Calories from Fat 1407
- Total Fat 156.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 644.3 mg
- Sodium 4606.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 594.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 372.8 g
- Protein 57.8 g