1/3 Photos of Black Pepper Biscuits - Cooking Club
Entered for safe-keeping, from cookingclub.com. Baking powder biscuits scream "Southern". These are best served warm or directly from the oven. This version has LOTS of CRACKED PEPPER. Cracked black pepper can be purchased in the spice aisle. To crack your own, place whole peppercorns in heavy resealable plastic bag; seal bag, then pound with flat side of meat mallet until coarsely chopped.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper and salt.
- 3With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in 1/2 cup of the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-sized pieces.
- 4Stir in milk just until soft dough forms.
- 5On lightly floured surface, pat or gently roll out dough to 3/4" thickness.
- 6With floured biscuit cutter, cut into 2" rounds, pushing straight down and pulling up without twisting cutter.
- 7Place biscuits on baking sheets.
- 8Press scraps together to use all the dough.
- 9Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Brush over tops of biscuits.
- 10Bake biscuits 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown on tops and golden brown on bottoms.
- 11Cool briefly on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Pepper Biscuits - Cooking Club
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g