1/2 Photos of Black Pepper Biscuits
Beautiful, easy to make biscuits. This is Bobby Flay's recipe that he presented on his "Throwdown" show. Posting here so I can keep up with the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.48 ml unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces, plus
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 354.88 ml buttermilk, cold
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 9.85 ml fresh ground black pepper, not super fine and not course, somewhere in between
- 1Preheat the over to 450 degrees F.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter, combine until ingredients are incorporated. Scatter the cold butter pieces over the top of the flour mixture and continue to combine until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the buttermilk and combine until the mixture just begins to come together.
- 3Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured counter. Pat the dough into a 10 by 12-inch rectangle about 3/4 inch thick. Use a 3 inch round cutter to cut out the biscuits. Press together the scraps of dough, and repeat process. Place the biscuits on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper, brush the tops with cream and sprinkle with black pepper. Bake the biscuits for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush the tops with the melted butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Pepper Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.6
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 344.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g