1/4 Photos of Black Pepper Beef and Asparagus Stir Fry
Low fat and tasty beef with vegetables on the table in less than an hour. An unusual ingredient in the quick marinade - diet Coke - helps to tenderize the peppery beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup diet cola (Coke)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 6 ounces lean beef, cut into stir fry strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons celery, sliced
- 4 stalks fresh asparagus, each stalk cut into 3 sections
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce (optional)
- 1Mix the Diet Coke, black pepper and onions. Add the beef strips and marinate for 30 minutes.
- 2Heat a heavy skillet or wok over high heat. Add the olive oil and vegetables. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 3Add beef and marinade and fry for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce if using.
- 4Serve immediately over rice or noodles, your choice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Pepper Beef and Asparagus Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 71.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.2 g